Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Parker Store Blog Is Up & Running Again

Welcome back to The Parker Store blog of The Hope Group. For new readers, my name is Drew Swanton and I will be writing a few words on a regular basis about things happening at The Parker Stores of New England. For returning readers, I am the new writer. Our previous writer, Lori, after receiving a lot of training here in New England with us has moved on to Tennessee for Parker. So, now you are stuck with me.

Since this is my first post I’m going to start off with a little background information about myself. I’ve been with THG Corporation going on four years now and I started pretty much at the bottom.  I was the shipper and receiver working out of our branch in Lewiston. When I first came into the position I had just finished working for a bank, and needless to say my expertise in the field of fluid power was little to none, but nonetheless I was happy to be working. As far as job duties were concerned I was the shipper but after all I was working in a hydraulic hose shop and was very visible to customers so learning to make hose assemblies was naturally the next step.

After working for a few years at Lewiston, the position of store manager opened up in our South Portland branch and I was happy to take advantage of that opportunity. I’ve been here for a year now and it’s amazing how fast you learn when you need to. Everything I did in Lewiston was just a small part of what this company does and can do. Being successful here has all come down to hard work, a desire to learn and grow. So continuing with that trend my next jump after shipping and receiving to managing a fluid power store was to try blogging… It was an obvious choice.

Next issue will be a lot less about me and a lot more about you. I want you to feel free to write to us if you have a question, or to just chat. Write dswanton@thehopegroup.com. Thanks.

drew-swanton-parker-store
Drew Swanton
Parker Store Mgr.


~~

No comments:

Post a Comment